|IN-DEPTH ATACAMA ADVENTURES:
LAND AND SKY CODE QC-02. Land cost US $1,680.00 per person
Designed for those who enjoy camping in the middle of the desert and highlands.
This package includes two camping nights and one night of astronomical observations with fine amateur equipment and guides.
In the heart of the Atacama Desert, between sand, salt lakes, multicolored lagoons, and majestic volcanoes, you will find yourself on an adventure, surrounded by the beauty of an environment waiting to be discovered.
- San Pedro de Atacama Village
- Moon Valley Nature Sanctuary
- ALMA (Atacama Large Millimeter Array) site
- Monturaqui crater
- Miscanti and Miñiques Natural Reserve
- Puritama hot springs
- Cerro Toco and Chajnantor Plateaus
- Tatio Geysers
- VLT (Very Large Telescope) Observatory
- Antofagasta town
|Day by Day Itinerary|
Second opportunity for Guided astronomical observations
Third opportunity for Guided astronomical observations
|Land Cost Includes|
- Private transportation throughout
- Local bilingual guide
- Camp staff such as a cook and camp assistants
- Meals and accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All activities as mentioned in the program, including ALMA and VLT Paranal visits
- Entrance fees: Puritama, El Tatio, Valle de la Luna, Miscanti Miñiques, Laguna Chaxa
- One night of guided astronomical observation
- High quality communal camping gear including tents as well as full base camp
- infrastructure and services.
- Airport transfers as mentioned in the program.
- First aid kit. Bottled oxygen for emergencies.
- Sat phone on pay per minute basis.
Trips to ALMA [Atacama Large Millimeter Array] and VLT [Very Large Telescope] can be reserved directly at these organizations™ website, and your chances of taking part depend exclusively on actual availability at the time of booking. QuasarChile will make these reservations for you only after formally receiving your reservation for our astronomy tours. Available space for these visits is limited and QuasarChile cannot guarantee it. Therefore, we recommend that you reserve your space on our tours as early as possible. And in any case, if you still have not decided to book with QuasarChile, you can secure your space for trips to VLT and ALMA [Observatories] directly at their websites.